Thursday, June 23, 2011

What a break from blogging it has been...

Wow! Where do I even begin. So much has happened since I last blogged that they are too numerous to list. Let's start with the big stuff...

I got married

I moved to Kentucky

I started an awesome new job as the CFO for a wonderful company

My oldest daughter got married

My youngest daughter has been kicking %^& in Half Iron-man races and Triathlons! And she just signed up for her first Full Iron-man ( I think this should be Iron Person or Iron Athlete or some such thing because she is most definitely NOT a man...but, not my call)

Mind you, all of this happened within a nine month span of time...no stress there! But they are all happy changes. I have added some wonderful people into my family - the van Onselder clan is absolutely wonderful. My new hubby is Dutch and his parents live in the south of France. Not a bad place to visit. I am so blessed.

Now there is always some baggage that comes along with any change. I won't go into details. If you know me, you know what it is. Enough said!

The most exciting ... well, it's all been exciting... but this is the most recent and still probably has to be the most fun was my daughter's wedding to a young man who is so perfect for her, I couldn't have dreamed him up! He has a wonderful family as well. The wedding was a joyous, fun, electric event. I could not have hoped for it to go better. Thanks to EVERYONE who helped make that happen. I love you all.

Marriage, moving, new adventures, new places, new friends, new family members and great long-time family members, old friends, and old familiar places...these are what life is about my friends. So, if you are stuck in a rut...make a move, take that leap, reach for your dreams! I did it at the ripe old age of, uhhh, well, anyway, old enough...so you can too!! And if your life is just how you want it right now - that's great too. Just enjoy every little minute!!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, so live for today and don't forget to stop and smell the gardenias!! Yup, I probably just butchered a couple of quotes there, but you get the idea. Go out and make it a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment